Roofbox2hire is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Roofbox2hire may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st March 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We accept payments from Visa, Mastercard, Access, Switch, Solo, Delta, Visa Electron cards. Plus you can also use any funds from your Paypal account. For your security, all our credit card transactions are processed by Transax. Your credit card details are encrypted and held securely.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to
third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to
do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional
information about third parties which we think you may find
interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Unit 2 Thornhill Works, Billingshurst Road, Coolham, West Sussex, RH13 8QN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
terms & conditions of hireThese terms and conditions form an integral part of your hire contract with Roofbox2hire.
Roofbox2hire is a trading name of LZAF Limited herein after referred to as the “Company”. The Company registered number is 7674862 Registered Office is Unit 2 Thornhill Works, Billingshurst Road, Coolham, West Sussex, RH13 8QN.
Definitions The "Hirer" is the person whose name & address appears at the top of the hire contract of which these terms and conditions form a part.
The hirer must be at least 18 years old. The Hirer accepts full legal liability for all the equipment listed on the hire contract(s)irrespective of whether the equipment is for the Hirer’s personal use, or that of another member of his/her party, booking under the same contract booking number.
"Equipment" includes Roof Racks and Roof Boxes & any other item(s) hired by the Hirer from the Company. The hire period is the date from which the equipment is collected received by the hirer from the Company or it's agents, until the date that the hirer is due to return the equipment. Both these dates are clearly stated on the hire contract.
Conditions of Hire
1. When the hirer receives their hire contract it is the hirers responsibility to check the details of the contract especially the dates of hire, delivery address and delivery information, details of your vehicle and or tyre size, and the equipment you have hired. The company will allow the hirer to change the details once free of charge after you have completed your booking, subject to the equipment still being available.
2. The Hirer accepts full personal liability for the equipment from the time he\she receives it from a member of the Company's staff or agents, until it is returned to the Company at the end of the hire period.
2.1 The hirer shall not remove any labels from and interfere with the equipment, their working mechanisms or any part of them and shall take reasonable care of the equipment whilst on hire.
2.2 The hirer will take adequate and proper measures to protect the equipment from theft, damage and or risks such as adverse weather.
2.3 Where the hire goods require fuel,oil/or electricity ensure that the proper type and or voltage is used and that where appropriate, the equipment are properly in- stalled by a qualified and competent person.
3. Replacement Costs The Company reserves the right to charge the hirer the full replacement cost of such equipment in the event that it becomes damaged, lost or stolen during the period of hire, or until it has been returned to the Company. In the first instance if possible we will only charge for the replacement parts and labour to repair the damage otherwise the replacement costs are as follows:-
Roof Boxes Pacific 500 £200, Pacific 200 £250, Pacific 700 £280, Atlantis 600 £200, Atlantis 780 £350, Atlantis/Motion 900 £500, Pacific 100 £180,Ranger 90 £170. In some cases when a roof box has been damaged It is possible to repair the roof box and the minimum cost of repair is £180.00.
Roof Rack & Bike Carrier Thule Rack 757/775 & Bars £100, Thule Rack 751/753/754, Bars & Fitting Kit £125, Ski Carrier £50 each, Bike Carrier £40 each.
Lost Keys Chargeable at £10 per key. Broken Key in Box/ Rack £50
Snowchains Thule CG9 £100, CG12 £150, Thule Summit £300, Weisenfiels REX TR £150
All above prices include VAT where applicable.
4. Delivery of Equipment
4.1 The Hirer or his/her agent will sign a receipt for the equipment on collection. By signing, the Hirer or his/her agent acknowledges that they have inspected the equipment & confirms that it is the equipment ordered & that it is in satisfactory working order and condition.
4.2 Where the company delivers the equipment to the hirer, the agreed delivery & collection date is printed on the contract unless they are the same as the hire dates.
4.3 It is not possible for the hirer to request an exact time of delivery/collection
4.4 Instead a two hour time slot will be sent to the hirer by text or phone call approximately 18 hours prior to the agreed delivery/collection day.
4.5 If the hirer is not at their location between these times the company reserves the right to charge a second delivery / collection cost. 4.6 As the delivery/collection route is based on numerous deliveries, time constraints and a circular route, the company reserves the right to refuse to alter the route once the hirer has been notified of their time allocation.
The company will allow the hirer to change the details once free of charge after you have completed your booking, subject to the equipment still being available.
The company will not accept and changes 7 days prior to your departure. All amendments must be in writing and sent by post, or e-mail to the Company. Any subsequent amendments will be charged at £10 per amendment.
If the booking was made by Telephone or the Internet then the Hirer may cancel the contract up to ten days after the contract was made and will receive a full refund of monies paid, provided that the cancellation is in writing and sent by post, fax or e-mail to the Company. Where the equipment has already been dispatched by carrier or to the location the hirer is due to pick up, then the Hirer will be liable for the costs of the dispatch and return of the goods. In such circumstances, the equipment must be returned unused to the Company, and within seven days of its receipt, or normal hire charges will apply.
Cancellation Fees The following charges will apply
6.1 No refunds will be made for cancellations made within seven days from the commencement of the hire period.
6.2 Cancellations made between 8 to 20 days before departure are subject to a fee 20% of the value of the hire contract, (subject to a minimum charge of £10).
6.3 Cancellations made 20 days or more, before the commencement of the hirer period are subject to an administration charge of £10.
7. It is possible that the equipment which you have pre-booked may have been lost or damaged by the previous hirer. In this event, the Company will use every endeavour to provide the Hirer with equipment of at least the same quality & value as that ordered by the Hirer. Should the Hirer not wish to take the alternative equipment offered, he\she will be entitled to a full refund in respect of the missing equipment. However, the Company accepts no further liability.
8. Returning Equipment Late
If the equipment is returned after the OFF hire date printed on the contract, the Company reserves the right to charge the Hirer at the daily rate of hire for each day the equipment is late up to the replacement cost of the equipment, as specified in paragraph "4" above, together with any legal fees or associated recovery costs.
The Company also reserves the right to demand a deposit from any hirer at any time up to and including the Hirer collecting the equipment from the Company. The amount of such deposit is to be at the absolute discretion of the Company.
The Company reserves the right to refuse to hire equipment to any client with whom it does not wish to enter into a contractual relationship. The Company reserves the right to cancel a contract at any time & without notice, whereupon it will refund to the hirer any monies paid. Following such a refund, no further liability will exist between the hirer & the Company.
10. Roof Rack Fitting
It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that these items are correctly fitted to the appropriate vehicle & remain properly fitted during the period of hire. Where members of the Company's staff assist the Hirer with fitting such equipment to a vehicle, this will be entirely at the Hirer's risk and the Company accepts no liability for any damage caused either to the vehicle or third parties as a result of fitting such equipment.
11. Snowchains Fitting
It is imperative that before the hirer departs on their trip that you, fit the Snowchains to the drive wheels. This will not only reassure you that they are the correct size it will also enable you to practice fitting them to your vehicle.
12. Save as provided in these conditions & to the extent that the exclusion or restriction of liability may be prohibited by statute, the company will not be liable for any loss,damage or injury caused, directly or indirectly by the equipment or its use. Your statutory rights are not affected.